Are you ready to buy a home in the Manassas or Prince William County area? You’re in the right place! Let’s begin with a quick overview of the homebuying process!
- The Pre-Approval – Getting pre-approved is the first step you should take. A local lender will help you understand your buying power and will establish a price range for your home search. Don’t have a trusted lender? We do and we are happy to make recommendations for you!
- The Home Search – We use your search criteria and price range provided by your lender to tailor a home search for you. We will set you up on a search of the Multiple Listing Service so you will be the first to know about new listings in the area. We schedule your home tours and help you evaluate each home. Plus we harness the power of our connections with other local Realtors to identify homes that may not even be on the market yet.
- The Offer – Once you’ve found your dream home, we help you get the best deal possible while staying competitive with other offers. We complete an analysis of the market and provide you with recommendations on what to offer as far as price and terms.
- Inspections and Contingencies – Congratulations, your offer is accepted! Now what? Virginia is a “buyer beware” state and it’s up to you to do your due diligence to uncover any defects in the property. We will guide you through the inspection process, negotiate repairs, and work through contingencies to ensure you are protected.
- Moving Day – When all of the inspections and contingencies have been met, we perform a final walkthrough of the property with you. Then, it’s off to settlement! It will take about an hour to sign all of your settlement documents. Once complete, we hand over the keys! Congratulations!